Monday, December 15, 2014

The sendage continues!

So I just had another amazing weekend of sending. I had taken Friday off to recuperate my neck, which is still a bit tight and sore, and then headed to the happys with Jared on Saturday. He was planning on meeting some friends there later in the day but we didn't want to wait to climb. So we headed out and went to the slow dance area to warm up and check out some projects.
I messed around on some warm ups and easier climbs while Jared hoped on his project kill on sight. Then I came over to try out rave stand start(v5). It took a good amout of tries to figure out the sequence I needed but when down in like 20 minutes or so. 

I wasn't feeling up to try rave yet so another climber that was there with his significant other(wife/girlfriend/idk) told me to check out Last Dance(v9). At first I thought ha that'll be fun to screw around on but I wasn't really expecting to send. But low and behold it went down in about an hour!! I got my first v9 with only an hour or so of working it!(http://youtu.be/qMtMaBD6Hgo) The psych was really high so I figured I'd also try Acid Wash jug start. I made it much further than my previous attempts but alas still couldn't send. Jared on the other hand was able to get the jug start and the sit to acid wash right!

Since he had already gotten the normal line he just decided to join in and finish the rest. haha

After that we met Jared's friends, Bobby, Alex, Lee and Megan over at headbangers cave just as it was getting dark. After they finished most of the climbs there we took them to the solarium and hulk boulders. No one was able to do solarium so we moved on to try the Vulcan traverse(v5)
on the hulk boulder. Jared and I were both able to get it, took two tries ;-), and the others were getting very close to sending. Then it was cold so we left and went to Los Paulos(I think that's what it was called) on line street to eat some huge burritos.
 

The next day, Sunday, we headed over to the milks to give them a taste of bishop granite. There were a ton of people there so we went to some of the less trafficked boulders like the boy and girl boulders.
Then headed to hero roof boulder and then to iron man.
Unfortunately there were no sends by our group of iron man but Bobby was definitely getting close.
Just as we were packing up and moving to boulders further from the parking at birthday boulders it started snowing. =)

We headed to the hunk as it snowed so we could have everyone put on their highball pants and see how they faired.
Part if the group also went to popes prow at that point too and I managed to bang the crap out of my shin. Consequentially I gave up on sending it that day. 

While working popes prow we headed over to a birthing experience and Alex and Bobby crushed it!
Since I was over popes prow I grabbed all the pads and headed over to high plains drifter(v7). I had tried high plans a couple other times, I believe this was my fourth session on it and I was able to send it second go!!
I was extatic to finally have a v7 on my bishop ticklist especially since I had skipped strait to v8s and v9s without thinking about it. But now I finally have at least one if each grade up to v9! I can't wait to keep on filling them in even more!! 

After that we went back to the cars because it was nearly dark. We all needed to eat but went our separate ways and planned to meet up at Vons later and go to the green church hot springs near mammoth. We ended up staying there till about 1245 and played a ton of games like I've never, odds are, and truth if dare. It's a lot of fun to dare people to do things when it's 25 degrees outside and your lacking clothes to protect you from the elements. haha Hot springs are definitely the best way to end the weekend and prepare you for another week of crushing.

Until my next adventure,

The Irish King

No comments:

Post a Comment